PROFESSIONAL SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER TRAINING
From August 21, 2014 08:30 until August 23, 2014 17:30 Save to calendar
+387 61 218-405; +387 61 817-548
Update July 22nd: The maximum number of participants have been reached. Registration for the event is CLOSED.
This training is in English. Additional information are available on the Scrum.org web page.
Bosnia Agile and Scrum.org are delivering official certified, but still fun and exciting Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course. This is a 3-day course on how to maximize the value of software products and systems. During two days, you will be learning about Product Ownership in Scrum today that requires more than knowledge of how to write requirements or manage a Product Backlog. Professional Scrum Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of everything that drives value from their products. Third day, team will enjoy in fun and exciting rafting team building exercise. This is a unique opportunity to learn and have fun. And we have more. YES, course attendees will also get FREE ticket to one of the Sarajevo Film Festival movies.
- Introduction - Introduce the instructor, the class, complexity, and Scrum.
- Value Driven Development - The primary job of a product manager is to increase the value created by the product for which he or she is responsible. This section covers value drivers, and strategies for measuring them.
- Product Management - Agile product management is different than traditional approaches. This section explores those differences, as well as how the Product Owner works in an Agile environment to deliver a product.
- Managing Requirements - The Product Backlog is the fuel that feeds the development team, and managing it is one of the primary roles of the Scrum Product Owner. Here you will learn about User Stories, ordering and organization strategies, and Product Backlog grooming.
- Planning Releases - What does a good release look like? Why are releases done? What impact can a bad release have on you and your customer? This section explores release strategies and how to optimize the delivery of value with them.
- Lean Planning - A release is often the first step to realizing value. What better way to learn how to plan a release than to do it? Here students cover the basics of identifying a release goal and requirements, backlog ordering, estimation, adjustment, and baseline planning.
- Managing Products - Understanding Total Cost of Ownership is fundamental to successfully managing a product. How do you balance between optimizing the value of a release and maximizing the value of the product or system as an asset for the organization? How does that fit into your product roadmap, and why is your Development Team's "Definition of Done" so fundamental to everything that you do?
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course is targeted to Product Owners and anyone else accountable for maximizing the value delivered by software products and services.
Scrum Masters benefit from this course as their role often includes coaching Product Owners.
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course has two associated assessments and certification: Professional Scrum Product Owner level I (PSPO I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner level II (PSPO II).
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive a password to take the PSPO I assessment and are entitled to a USD 200 discount on the PSPO II assessment (regular fee is USD 500).
For additional details about PSPO see https://www.scrum.org/Courses/Professional-Scrum-Product-Owner.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved with the product management aspects of a software product or application.
The training will be delivered in English.
DATES & LOCATION
(transport to the rafting location included)
Regular Fee: 1467 KM or 750 EUR
Early Registration Fee before July 15, 2014: 1370 KM or 700 EUR
Bosnia Agile members get 25 EUR discount for early registration.
The number of participants is limited.
“Ralph and I have worked together on Scrum over the last several years. I can highly recommend him to anyone who wants to apply Scrum to gain agility. He is knowledgeable both in management practices, as well in the best ways for developers to work within a Scrum environment.”
-- Ken Schwaber, Inventor of Scrum