Training: PROCUREMENT AND AGILE INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
NOTE: THIS TRAINING SESSION WILL BE HELD IN LOCAL LANGUAGE.
You have a great vision of your future information system, but you're not sure how to balance fixed-price procurement of software development service and a need to be agile in the project implementation (to add some features you didn't think of when preparing a tender dossier or to change something wrongly specified?). You're not sure whether your tender documentation is detailed and comprehensive enough for potential bidders to understand the scope of the project? You feel something's wrong in communication with contracted bidder, there's no positive spirit in your cooperation? You want a successful project from the first try, without annexes to the contract or new procurement procedure?
Don't worry, it happens to many.
We proudly present a new Bosnia Agile seminar which will present an agile approach to management of information systems development process - flexible, holistic approach to product development where you and development team of contracted software development company work together as a team, pursuing the project goals with acknowledgment that it is impossible to design every feature and detail up front, and that the new knowledge we gain in project implementation will probably be crucial in developing the product that has the optimal business value for you as a client.
Procurement and agile information systems development
Four steps for success of IT projects in public, private and civil sector
SARAJEVO, 15.-16. DECEMBER 2014.
|Have you tried to be agile? Get to know more about innovative ways of communication and collaboration in tender preparation process and project implementation throughout the system development life cycle. Find out how to procure agile software development service. Learn agile project management principles - project management approach that's becoming more and more popular.Become a leader in managing information systems development projects in your organization!|
Agile is a mainstream approach to innovative IT solutions development projects because traditional project management approaches, based on strictly phased implementation, demonstrated flaws leading to partially or totally unsuccessful results. Latest research from 2013 shows that 88% sof software development companies have adopted agility, and that 72% of agile projects have been implemented using a process based on Scrum. This seminar has a goal to empower you to be in line with Scrum practice of software development companies in Bosnia and Herzegovina while explaining why practicing Scrum increases your chances to have a successful project and valuable product as its result. We'll also explain how to procure this kind of service and how to successfully collaborate with contracted bidder throughout the project.
This two day seminar will build capacities of participants to properly address the issue of development of initial plan for your product - ToR and initial Product Backlog, how to conduct (public) procurement procedure, and how to practice agile system development in public and private sector. Training will be conducted in highly interactive and collaborative format.
How we procure and develop information systems and services today?
- Why many information systems projects fail or are partially successful?
- Introduction to agile development
- Traditional vs. Agile development: Why Agility is important?
Preparing tender documentation and writing initial system specifications
- Approaches to discovering and specifying user requirements;
- Procurement of service: Information system development throughout the system development life cycle focusing on agile development and tools to improve collaboration with software company;
- Procurement of service: Information system maintenance and continuous improvement.
Developing good selection and award criteria for (public) procurement
- Selection criteria for software companies;
- Members of development team as selection or award criteria;
- Tender evaluation.
Agile system development using Scrum
- Introduction to Scrum roles, activities, artifacts and rules;
- Principles and values of agile development: developing partnership with awarded bidder and collaborative system design;
- Agile project manager: optimizing the value of product and getting the best of development team.
- Collaborative design and service delivery, decision making i policy making.
Procurement of cloud solutions
- Cloud computing technologies;
- Benefits and risks, examples from practice;
- Procuring cloud computing solutions.
- Project managers in public organizations, private sector, NGOs and other organizations leading development projects;
- IT professionals of all profiles interested in agile project management and software development;
- Procurement professionals involved in procurement of information systems, services as well as other innovative products.
Note: Scrum is an agile framework for developing complex products. Although initially formalized for software projects, it has been successfully used for many complex, innovative projects, so this seminar would be of practical use for traditional project managers too. Still, exemplar projects will be from IT domain.
WHY AGILE INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT?
- Contracting authority doesn't have to do a big information system design up-front, what it does need to do is to provide enough details about its business needs and requirements. Contracting authority is focused on driving the development in a way it returns the biggest value to the organization.
- Change requests are part of agile work process, meaning that changes (probably) won't affect the budget, which is something that regularly happens in traditional project management when managing change.
- Technical specification should be enough detailed up front to allow the bidders to set a realistic offer, and yet flexible enough for contracting authority to be able to formulate change request based on know knowledge obtained on the course of project implementation.
- Contracting authority and contracted bidder works together on project implementation - through continuous engagement in planning and reviewing product increments in short periods of time.
- Learning and gaining new knowledge is a central part of agile work process. Although learning and product improvements are not excluded from traditional work process, agile process is designed in such a way that it supports and stimulates the learning process.
- Contracting authority take the leadership over product development thus increasing chances for product success in a first round.
- Working on innovative projects with creative people is fun!
DATE AND LOCATION
15 - 16.12.2014
Džemala Bijedića 169 A
Standard fee: 299 KM (150 €) + VAT
Lunch, coffee breaks and seminar materials included.
10.30-12.00 - Lecture
12.00-12.30 - Coffee break
12.30-14.00 - Lecture
14.00-15.00 - Lunch
15.00-16.30 - Lecture
09.00-10.30 - Lecture
10.30-11.00 - Coffee break
11.00-12.30 - Lecture
12.30-13.30 - Lunch
13.30-15.00 - Lecture
Kemal Bajramovic, MSc in IS
Co-Founder, Agile/Scrum trainer at Bosnia Agile
Kemal is an IT project manager working in Civil Service Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina as Head of IT group. He has 12+ years of experience in successfully initiating and implementing information systems in public administration as well as building capacities for e-Government and agile project management in software products development. He successfully led many projects implemented under procurement rules of EC, GIZ, USAID, AECID and local organizations.
Kemal is also a co-founder of Bosnia Agile association, which primarily goal is to promote lean and agile principles and methods in project management and information systems design and development. He's Bosnia Agile Scrum trainer focused on buzilding capacities of both IT SME as well as public sector organizations interested in agile project management and information systems development.
He's active as lecturer on Agile/Scrum, e-Procurement, Public sector ICT procurement and e-Government for 10 years now, both in academia and professional seminars and conferences.
He is Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) and Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO).
- Training: SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (August 10, 2018 09:00)
- Training: SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (February 02, 2018 09:00)
- Meetup: TOOLS AND PRACTICES FOR SUCCESS: TRELLO + JIRA + SCRUM (January 16, 2018 11:30)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR CLIENTS (November 29, 2017 10:00)
- Meetup: LEAN PROCESS + JIRA SERVICE DESK IMPLEMENTATION: EXAMPLES OF BUSINESS AGILITY IN FINANCIAL SERVICES (November 28, 2017 17:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 23, 2017 09:00)
- Training: INTEGRATED AGILE TRANSFORMATION MODEL™ (October 20, 2017 09:00)
- Meetup: MANAGING SOFTWARE PRODUCT VERSIONING WITH GITFLOW, VSTS AND SOURCETREE (October 05, 2017 17:00)
- Conference: INTERNET OF THINGS Summit 2017 (May 11, 2017 09:00)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ANALYST (PMI-PBA EXAM PREP) (March 30, 2017 09:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (March 27, 2017 09:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (January 20, 2017 09:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2016 (October 15, 2016)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 13, 2016 11:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (September 19, 2016 11:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (July 07, 2016 11:00)
- Meetup: PUBLIC SECTOR AGILITY (April 08, 2016 16:30)
- Meetup: SCALED AGILE FRAMEWORK 4.0 (March 22, 2016 18:30)
- Meetup: AGILE IMPLEMENTATION OF PACKAGED SOFTWARE (February 24, 2016 18:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (February 24, 2016 10:00)
- Training: PROCUREMENT AND AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (December 14, 2015 11:00)
- Training: AGILE FOR MANAGEMENT (October 19, 2015 11:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2015 (October 17, 2015)
- Conference: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS (August 20, 2015 19:00)
- Training: MANAGEMENT 3.0 - AGILE LEADERSHIP PRACTICES (August 16, 2015 10:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (August 14, 2015 11:00)
- Meetup: AGILE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING (July 22, 2015 19:00)
- Meetup: SCRUM VS KANBAN (June 11, 2015 19:00)