Training: AGILE FOR MANAGEMENT
Bosnia Agile together with Jorgen Hesselberg and Almir Drugović are organizing an exciting Agile for Management course.
Research has shown that one of the key factors of successful Agile implementations is executive support. Yet, Agile is a fundamentally different way of approaching work and can oftentimes be confusing and unclear to executives unfamiliar with this mindset. What does “support” mean in this context? How do executives know they are not hurting efforts when they intend to be helping?
Agile for Management, one day class is designed to help alleviate these concerns and is created for executives and leaders; it speaks to your functions and responsibilities, as they relate specifically to Agile implementation. This course will give you an overview of the main concepts associated with Agile, Lean, and Scrum in the leadership capacity and will deliver a strategic view of how to convert your organization into a high-performance entity.
The main purpose of this course is to understand the organizational impact that Agile could make on different aspects of your current business process, including:
- Leadership styles
- Team dynamics
- Existing processes
- Organizational culture
Through theory and interactive exercises, we’ll explore Agile team roles and responsibilities, ways of working and transitioning from command and control to concepts like “empowerment” and “servant leadership”. We’ll also cover the financial impact of Agile and how agility can help the organization benefit from uncertain business conditions and quickly adapt to change.
Participants Will Learn
- Explain Agile and why it is being adopted
- Define Agile Roles, Processes and Lifecycle
- Describe servant leader and empowerment transformation
- Explain the impact Agile will have to current organization rules
- Practice resource management in an Agile world
- Practice business and IT collaboration as one team
- Explain how to create cross-functional service/featured teams
- Explain Agile/Lean portfolio management
- Describe Agile performance reviews
- Describe Agile contracts and vendor management
- Explain how Agile can fail
- Review case studies and best practices for success
- Plan how to develop your multi-year high performance transformation plan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AGILE for MANAGEMENT?
Anyone who wants to be a better leader! We believe that management is not only the managers’ responsibility. It is everyone’s job!
If you’re a team leader, development manager, delivery manager, middle manager, CEO, human resources manager, project manager, product owner, agile developer, scrum master, or want to be a great people leader regardless of title, this training is for you!
No practical experience with Agile methods is necessary, though some familiarity with Agile principles and practices is useful.
Bosnia Agile and speakers are donating entire profit from Agile for Management course toward assistance to children from socially disadvantaged families. We have entered in partnership with Pomozi to helps us distribute these proceeds to the students with difficult financial situation.
More information about the Pomozi association can be found at: http://pomozi.ba/
The training will be delivered in English.
DATES AND LOCATION
October 19th, 2015
Dzemala Bijedica 169 A
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Early Registration Fee + BA Day 2015 until Sept. 19, 2015: 1599 349 BAM (179 €) + 17% VAT
Regular Registration Fee + BA Day 2015 from Sept. 19, 2015: 1699 399 BAM (205 €) + 17% VAT
Bosnia Agile members get 20 BAM discount for all types of registration.
Companies with 4 or more registered individuals get additional 10% discount.
The number of participants is limited.
1. Click on the registration link and submit the registration form
2. Pay the training fee.
Bank name: UniCredit Bank d.d
Bank address: UniCredit Bank d.d, Kardinala Stepinca b.b, 88 000 Mostar, Bosna i Hercegovina
Account number: 3387202206363167
Recipient: Udruženje za podršku razvoju agilnih metoda u BiH (exact wording is required)
Address: Milana Preloga 12, 71000 Sarajevo, BiH
Purpose: "Agile for Management" training
EUR IBAN: BA39 3387 2048 0636 4553
USD IBAN: BA39 3387 2048 0639 8503
Jorgen Hesselberg is the Director of Enterprise Agile Transformation at Intel. With more than fifteen years of experience in a variety of business environments from proprietary hedge funds to Fortune 50 companies, Jorgen specializes in helping organizations achieve value through leadership, passion and effective management thinking and techniques. He holds a Master of Science from Northwestern University and completed leadership training at Harvard Business School.
Almir Drugović has extensive experience in the Agile Adoption space. Some of the industry's largest and most successful Agile transformations have been led by the organization he co-founded: Sutherland Group. Almir has deep expertise and understands the changes to Culture, Technology, Organizational Design, People, and Leadership necessary to make lasting change. He is often invited to speak at international conferences to share expertise in the Agile Transformation space and is a part of the Agile Alliance Enterprise Agile Adoption program – a prestigious, invitation-only industry consortium. He lives with his family in Chicago, Illinois.
- Training: SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (February 02, 2018 09:00)
- Training: AGILE IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR CLIENTS (February 21, 2018 10:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTER EXAM PREP (March 14, 2018 09:00)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ANALYST (PMI-PBA EXAM PREP) (April 09, 2018 09:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (April 12, 2018 09:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR CLIENTS (November 29, 2017 10:00)
- Meetup: LEAN PROCESS + JIRA SERVICE DESK IMPLEMENTATION: EXAMPLES OF BUSINESS AGILITY IN FINANCIAL SERVICES (November 28, 2017 17:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 23, 2017 09:00)
- Training: INTEGRATED AGILE TRANSFORMATION MODEL™ (October 20, 2017 09:00)
- Meetup: MANAGING SOFTWARE PRODUCT VERSIONING WITH GITFLOW, VSTS AND SOURCETREE (October 05, 2017 17:00)
- Conference: INTERNET OF THINGS Summit 2017 (May 11, 2017 09:00)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ANALYST (PMI-PBA EXAM PREP) (March 30, 2017 09:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (March 27, 2017 09:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (January 20, 2017 09:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2016 (October 15, 2016)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 13, 2016 11:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (September 19, 2016 11:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (July 07, 2016 11:00)
- Meetup: PUBLIC SECTOR AGILITY (April 08, 2016 16:30)
- Meetup: SCALED AGILE FRAMEWORK 4.0 (March 22, 2016 18:30)
- Meetup: AGILE IMPLEMENTATION OF PACKAGED SOFTWARE (February 24, 2016 18:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (February 24, 2016 10:00)
- Training: PROCUREMENT AND AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (December 14, 2015 11:00)
- Training: AGILE FOR MANAGEMENT (October 19, 2015 11:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2015 (October 17, 2015)
- Conference: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS (August 20, 2015 19:00)
- Training: MANAGEMENT 3.0 - AGILE LEADERSHIP PRACTICES (August 16, 2015 10:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (August 14, 2015 11:00)
- Meetup: AGILE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING (July 22, 2015 19:00)
- Meetup: SCRUM VS KANBAN (June 11, 2015 19:00)
- MEETUP: Management 3.0 - How to manage in an agile economy? (May 22, 2015 19:30)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL SCRUM DEVELOPER (May 21, 2015 10:30)