Meetup: PUBLIC SECTOR AGILITY
The public sector in Bosnia has been perceived negatively for several reasons (huge administration, slow system, bureaucratic culture, etc.) Therefore, the public administration reform and modernization of public companies is crucial for improving the quality of life of the citizens. Public administration reform and modernization projects usually ends up as IT projects. That's way it is so important to increase a success rate of these projects.
In this regard, there will be two lectures at the meetup with the intention to list causes of the problem and offer some solutions.
The first topic "Challenges of implementing agile software development in public companies" will give us an overview of the obstacles that stand in the way of applying agile paradigm for in-house software development in a public company and to offer recommendations to overcome them.
Next topic "Public procurement of agile product development" will give us an insight into specification method of agile approach in the procurement process, with the distinct overview of describing procurement subject with the results that contracted provider need to achieve and the selection criteria in terms of technical and professional ability of the economic operators.
FOR WHOM IS THIS MEETUP FOR?
Meetup is for all IT employees from the public sector (government institutions, public organizations and companies). Meetup is a great opportunity for IT executives and managers to familiarize themselves with the new perspective of the development and implementation of software products and the steps to be taken in the transition from the traditional bureaucracy into agile.
Speakers are members of the Bosnia Agile Association Jasmin Heljić, Omer Gegić and Kemal Bajramović with years of work experience in the public sector.
Welcome to meetup!
DATE AND LOCATION
April 8th, 2016
14:30 – 16:00
Council of Ministers bldg. room 402
Trg Bosne i Hercegovine 3
FEE AND REGISTRATION
Participation is FREE of charge.
Jasmin is a software development engineer at JP Elektroprivreda BiH d.d. - Sarajevo with many years of experience in in-house development. During his education in Electrical and Economics Faculty Sarajevo he focused on agile approach he later applied on software solutions development in JP EP BiH acquiring detailed insight into the advantages and disadvantages of in-house development in corporation and the obstacles that stand in the way of introducing agile philosophy. Jasmine is a participant of many IT conferences. His articles on the LinkedIn profile about working environment phenomena, software development and personal development are popular among professionals.
He is a certified Oracle PL / SQL developer and Disciplined Agilist - Yellow Belt.
Omer is JP Elektroprivreda BiH dd - Sarajevo employee in his current role “Development and maintenance specialist of business applications” with many years in work experiences. He had variety of tasks related to software development, focusing on in-house development. Since JP EP BiH is a company which core business is not software development without clearly defined software development roles, he performed all parts of SDLC including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of information systems. He also participated in the implementation of major ERP systems. Omer is a participant of many IT conferences.
He is a certified Oracle Apex and PL/SQL developer and Disciplined Agilist - Yellow Belt.
Kemal is an ICT project manager working at Civil Service Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina as a Head of Information Technology Group. He brings to this training several years of experience in agile project management of IT projects, working with software service provider's teams, designing contracts, and managing challenges that IT project manager from non-software organizations experience in an agile project environment. He has more than 10 years of experience as a lecturer. He lectures on Agile and Scrum, Public sector ICT procurements, E-Government and E-Procurement, both in academia and professionals’ seminars and conferences.
He is Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO), Agile Project Management® (AgilePM) certified and Management of Value® (MoV) certified.
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (March 27, 2017 09:00)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ANALYST (PMI-PBA EXAM PREP) (March 30, 2017 09:00)
- Conference: INTERNET OF THINGS Summit 2017 (May 11, 2017 09:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2016 (October 15, 2016)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 13, 2016 11:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (September 19, 2016 11:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (July 07, 2016 11:00)
- Meetup: PUBLIC SECTOR AGILITY (April 08, 2016 16:30)
- Meetup: SCALED AGILE FRAMEWORK 4.0 (March 22, 2016 18:30)
- Meetup: AGILE IMPLEMENTATION OF PACKAGED SOFTWARE (February 24, 2016 18:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (February 24, 2016 10:00)
- Training: PROCUREMENT AND AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (December 14, 2015 11:00)
- Training: AGILE FOR MANAGEMENT (October 19, 2015 11:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2015 (October 17, 2015)
- Conference: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS (August 20, 2015 19:00)
- Training: MANAGEMENT 3.0 - AGILE LEADERSHIP PRACTICES (August 16, 2015 10:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (August 14, 2015 11:00)
- Meetup: AGILE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING (July 22, 2015 19:00)
- Meetup: SCRUM VS KANBAN (June 11, 2015 19:00)
- MEETUP: Management 3.0 - How to manage in an agile economy? (May 22, 2015 19:30)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL SCRUM DEVELOPER (May 21, 2015 10:30)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (May 21, 2015 10:30)
- Meetup: TRANSITION FROM TRADITIONAL TO AGILE METHODS OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (May 13, 2015 19:00)
- Meetup: DevOps (March 18, 2015 18:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (March 12, 2015 10:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTER TRAINING BANJA LUKA (February 18, 2015 10:00)
- Meetup: AGILE LEADERSHIP (February 16, 2015 18:30)
- Meetup: AGILE NETWORKS (January 08, 2015 18:00)
- Training: PROCUREMENT AND AGILE INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (December 15, 2014 11:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTER MOSTAR (December 09, 2014 10:00)
- Training: DISCIPLINED AGILE DELIVERY (October 28, 2014 09:30)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2014 (October 27, 2014)
- Meetup: IUS AGILE UNIVERSITY (October 22, 2014 17:00)
- Meetup: ETF SARAJEVO AGILE UNIVERSITY (October 15, 2014 14:00)
- Meetup: AGILE TUZLA (September 25, 2014 13:00)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (August 21, 2014 10:30)
- Meetup: MOBILEFIRST FOR ENTERPRISE MOBILITY (August 20, 2014 20:00)
- Meetup: AGILE MOSTAR (August 01, 2014 13:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (June 12, 2014 11:00)
- Meetup: SCRUM IN 5 MINUTES (May 13, 2014 20:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE KICKOFF (March 22, 2014)
- Meetup: INTRODUCTION TO AGILE WITH SCRUM (January 20, 2014 18:30)