In February 2015, Scrum Alliance® surveyed almost 5,000 people about their use of Scrum. The survey respondents make up a diverse group, representing 108 countries and more than 14 industries. They reflect a range of functional areas, including IT software development, product development, operations, human resources, executives, and sales and marketing.
From the survey results, we see that Scrum is becoming an increasingly popular and in-demand framework. In fact, nearly half the respondents report that Scrum is being used 50% or more of the time in their organizations, and 29% of respondents report it’s used much more frequently than that. The survey uncovered some interesting key findings…findings that not only reflect where Scrum is today but what we can anticipate it will look like tomorrow. These include who is practicing Scrum, how they are practicing it, success levels associated with Scrum, and plans for continuing to use it.
- Hits: 10329
On June 11th 2015 we had another very successful meetup, this time on Kanban. Demir Selmanovic from Toptal did a great job last evening and meetup ended up late due to many comments, questions and observations. It was a fruitful learning experience and participants expressed great interest in the topic of this meetup.
We hope to extend our cooperation with Toptal and other organizations practicing Kanban for the benefit of our community. Thank you Demir for a great atmosphere and lecture and we also thanks our friends from Academy387 for providing excellent services.
- Demir Selmanović - presentation Scrum vs Kanban, Sarajevo, June 11th 2015.
- Photographs Scrum vs Kanban, Sarajevo, June 11th 2015.
- Hits: 12477
On May 13th 2015 we had another successful meetup at Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Sarajevo.
Meetup was attended by 80 students and they had an opportunity to learn more on traditional vs. agile software develepment, with special attention given to topic of software quality. Our lecturer, Enis Zeherović, QA/QC specialist, shared his experiences in transition to agile. The core of agile is early delivery of working software and that is why QA and test engineers are essential in any agile project.
We were delighted to have an opportunity to share our knowledge and experiences on agile software development to future IT specialists and we are looking forward to new events organized by Bosnia Agile.
- Hits: 17775
Bosnia Agile, Softhouse doo Sarajevo and the USAID PI project organized two-day Scrum Master training at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Banja Luka on Feb. 19th, 2015. Training was delivered by Ola Sunden who has fifteen years of experience in software development and is currently working as an agile coach in Softhause, Malmo, Sweden.
The training was successfully completed and 22 participants received certificates of which fourteen (14) of participants were employed in eight (8) IT companies from Banja Luka and Gradiska, one (1) participant in the project manager Business Incubator in Gradiska, three trainees (3) are assistants at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Banja Luka and four (4) were fourth year students of Electrical Engineering in Banja Luka.
This two-day training was a mix between theory and practice, with discussions and reflections - all in order to prepare attendees to learn what it takes to lead a development team and a successful Scrum project.
- Hits: 12071
Bosnia Agile was invited to the Agile Adria, the fourth Agile Croatia conference that was held from April 13 to 15 in the beautiful natural surroundings of Terme Tuhelj. The visitors, mainly from the Croatian, but also other countries in the region, had the opportunity to attend a series of lectures and workshops. In particular, keynote speakers were well received:
Mary Poppendieck (USA) with a lecture "The scaling dilemma" and "Value Stream Mapping" workshop, which was referred to the importance of communication between teams working on software development and how today's companies have to orient to the end user, and not as in the past just think of things like cutting costs or deadlines, in order to eventually have a successful product, and better business results.
Tom Gilb (Norway), Agile's grandfather, as he likes to say for itself with the theme "Power to the Programmers!", which also conducted all-day workshop on "Lean QA: Much more cost-effective quality assurance methods, than testing".
Stephen Parry (United Kingdom) with the theme "Frontier challenges for the Lean and Agile to stay on purpose" and the workshop "'I am Spartacus' - would the real lean thinker please stand up?".
Other speakers topics varied from the practical exercise of making the product according to Scrum principles, open space discussion of how to extract more value from retrospective through special exercises, so that everyone could find something for themselves.
- Hits: 8737
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2019 (October 19, 2019)
- Training: SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (2 days) (August 10, 2018 09:00)
- Training: SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (February 02, 2018 09:00)
- Meetup: TOOLS AND PRACTICES FOR SUCCESS: TRELLO + JIRA + SCRUM (January 16, 2018 11:30)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR CLIENTS (November 29, 2017 10:00)
- Meetup: LEAN PROCESS + JIRA SERVICE DESK IMPLEMENTATION: EXAMPLES OF BUSINESS AGILITY IN FINANCIAL SERVICES (November 28, 2017 17:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 23, 2017 09:00)
- Training: INTEGRATED AGILE TRANSFORMATION MODEL™ (October 20, 2017 09:00)
- Meetup: MANAGING SOFTWARE PRODUCT VERSIONING WITH GITFLOW, VSTS AND SOURCETREE (October 05, 2017 17:00)
- Conference: INTERNET OF THINGS Summit 2017 (May 11, 2017 09:00)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ANALYST (PMI-PBA EXAM PREP) (March 30, 2017 09:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (March 27, 2017 09:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (January 20, 2017 09:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2016 (October 15, 2016)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 13, 2016 11:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (September 19, 2016 11:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (July 07, 2016 11:00)
- Meetup: PUBLIC SECTOR AGILITY (April 08, 2016 16:30)
- Meetup: SCALED AGILE FRAMEWORK 4.0 (March 22, 2016 18:30)
- Meetup: AGILE IMPLEMENTATION OF PACKAGED SOFTWARE (February 24, 2016 18:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (February 24, 2016 10:00)
- Training: PROCUREMENT AND AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (December 14, 2015 11:00)
- Training: AGILE FOR MANAGEMENT (October 19, 2015 11:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2015 (October 17, 2015)
- Conference: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS (August 20, 2015 19:00)
- Training: MANAGEMENT 3.0 - AGILE LEADERSHIP PRACTICES (August 16, 2015 10:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (August 14, 2015 11:00)
- Meetup: AGILE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING (July 22, 2015 19:00)